Friday 19 July 2019
The grass pollen season is progressively ending. On Thursday, 10 grass pollen grains per m³ of air were measured in Brussels. In addition, chestnut trees have almost finished their flowering.
Follow us too on Twitter @AirAllergy !
A few useful recommendations for people sensitized to grass pollen :
- rigorously follow the treatment prescribed by your physician
- don’t mow the lawn, and do not go near places where the lawn is mown
- avoid outdoor efforts and activities (sports, physical efforts). Indoor activities are a better option
- limit the aeration of your home during the pollen season, preferably during or after the rain
- keep the windows closed when you travel by car
- during dry and windy weather, wearing glasses is recommended to limit contact between the eyes and the pollen
- do not dry your linen outside
- use paper handkerchiefs
- take a shower and wash your hair before sleeping