Wednesday 21 August 2019
Mugwort is still blooming. The flower development of this herbaceous plant usually takes place between end-July and mid-August. People allergic to this pollen type should be cautious. The mugwort pollen concentrations in the air could be locally and momentarily high. High densities of allergenic fungal spores of the genera Cladosporium and Alternaria are observed in the air during the summer months.
Follow us too on Twitter @AirAllergy !
A few useful recommendations for people sensitized to grass pollen :
- rigorously follow the treatment prescribed by your physician
- don’t mow the lawn, and do not go near places where the lawn is mown
- avoid outdoor efforts and activities (sports, physical efforts). Indoor activities are a better option
- limit the aeration of your home during the pollen season, preferably during or after the rain
- keep the windows closed when you travel by car
- during dry and windy weather, wearing glasses is recommended to limit contact between the eyes and the pollen
- do not dry your linen outside
- use paper handkerchiefs
- take a shower and wash your hair before sleeping