Follow us too on Twitter @AirAllergy !
The summer snow you can see drifting in the air is not pollen but poplar and willow seeds (white fluffy threads), and also dandelion seeds. This cottony fluff does not cause allergy.
A few useful recommendations for people sensitized to birch pollen :
- rigorously follow the treatment prescribed by your physician
- don’t mow the lawn, and do not go near places where the lawn is mown
- avoid outdoor efforts and activities (sports, physical efforts). Indoor activities are a better option
- limit the aeration of your home during the pollen season, preferably during or after the rain
- keep the windows closed when you travel by car
- during dry and windy weather, wearing glasses is recommended to limit contact between the eyes and the pollen
- do not dry your linen outside
- use paper handkerchiefs
- take a shower and wash your hair before sleeping